Job ID 33440
We are looking for an anesthesia doctor. They should have good knowledge about administering anesthesia and be able to remove it as needed. They supervise patients’ recording of the amount and type of anesthesia given to patients and the patient’s conditions throughout the procedure.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- They ensure that the patient is fit enough to undertake an operation before the surgery.
- They agree on an anesthetic plan.
- They make sure that patients understand what will happen during and after the operation.
- They should be able to get patients ready for surgery.
- They should provide anesthesia, providing safe pre-operative care.
- They must be able to provide pain relief to patients using anesthetics and analgesics.
- They continue anesthesia in the operating theater when necessary.
- They can monitor patients while they’re under anesthesia to make sure they remain in a stable condition.
- They must check their blood pressure, heart activity, oxygen and carbon dioxide levels, breathing, and body temperature.
- They should be able to resuscitate and stabilize patients during emergencies.
- They must know how to reverse anesthesia and relieve and manage post-operative pain to support patients’ recovery.
- They should provide care for patients in chronic pain.
- They should be able to work with a range of other health professionals, such as surgeons, operating department practitioners, theater nurses, and ensure patient wellbeing.
- They must perform administrative tasks in areas related to patient care, including summaries of patient treatment and the writing of discharge letters, and more.
- They should participate in an agreed on-call rota and take on an equal share in providing emergency cover.
- They should take part in training, teaching, and supervising more junior staff in both critical care and anesthesia.
Role: Anesthesiologist Doctor
Functional Area: Medical Health Care
Industry Type: Hospitals and Clinics
Qualification: MBBS/Diploma in Anesthesiologist/DNB/MD
Perks and Benefits: Salary Negotiable