Job ID 40702
Pediatricians work in a hospital setting and provide care to children from birth to age 18. The duties of a pediatrician include examinations, prescribing medication, and collaborating with other medical professionals, including nurses and onsite medical staff. In addition to performing examinations and determining a child’s health needs, a pediatrician also must have good communication skills and a positive bedside manner. The most important job requirement for a pediatrician is a degree in pediatrics or a related field.
If you are interested in becoming a pediatrician, there are many reasons why. First and foremost, this career can be very rewarding. You will get to work with children and their parents and you will be required to deal with difficult patients. It is also important to have a compassionate nature and be able to relate well with people. After all, this is your profession. Therefore, if you are passionate about helping children, a pediatrician job may be for you.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Examine children from birth through twenty-years of age and take medical records. To determine the cause, request analytic testing.
- Discuss the results of tests with family members and patients to clarify treatment or operations.
- Treatment, prescriptions, and other clinical considerations for the prevention or treatment of illnesses, wounds, or ailments. Examine the condition, monitor progress and adjust therapies to suit the situation.
- Educate patients, guardians and others about hygiene and movement.
- Plan and implement local medical service projects to support young people’s mental and physical well-being.
- Manage the activities of advisors, partners, and medical caretakers; refer patients to subject matter specialists or other doctors when necessary
- Clearly record all persistent data in a comparing diagram. This includes prescriptions, history, and immunization data.
Role: Pediatrician Doctor
Functional area: Medical health care.
Industry Type: Hospitals and clinics.
Perks and Benefits: Salary Negotiable