Experience 1 Year
We are looking for an anesthetic. He/she should be able to assess the patient’s health and make decisions to ensure that anesthesia care is as safe and effective as possible and monitor the vital signs during surgery, including how well your heart and lungs are working while the patient is unconscious.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- He/ she ensures that the patient is fit enough to undertake an operation before the surgery takes place.
- He/she agrees on an anesthetic plan.
- He/she makes sure that patients understand what will happen during and after the operation.
- He/she should be able to get patients ready for surgery.
- He/she should provide anesthesia, providing safe pre-operative care.
- He/she must be able to provide pain relief to patients using anesthetics and analgesics.
- He/she continues anesthesia in the operating theatre when necessary.
- He/she can monitor patients while they’re under anesthesia to make sure they remain in a stable condition.
- He/she must keep check upon their blood pressure, heart activity, oxygen, and carbon dioxide levels, breathing, and body temperature.
- He/she should be able to resuscitate and stabilize patients during emergencies.
- He/she must know how to reverse anesthesia and relieve and manage post-operative pain to support patients’ recovery.
- He/she should provide care for patients in chronic pain.
- He/she should be able to work with a range of other health professionals, such as surgeons, operating department practitioners, theatre nurses, and to ensure patient wellbeing.
- He/she must perform administrative tasks in areas that are related to the care of patients, including summaries of patient treatment and the writing of discharge letters, and more.
- He/she should participate in an agreed on-call rota and take on an equal share in providing emergency cover.
- He/she should take part in training, teaching, and supervise more junior staff in both critical care and anesthesia.
Role: Anesthologist Doctor
Functional Area: Medical Health Care
Industry Type: Hospitals and Clinics
Qualification: MBBS/Diploma in Anesthesiologist/DNB/MD
Perks and Benefits: Salary up to 1.50 lakh to 4 lakh.