About Cardiologist Doctors
Cardiology is the branch of medicine that deals with disorders of the heart and other parts of the circulatory system. This field includes the diagnosis and medical treatment of heart failure, congenital heart defects, coronary artery disease, valvular heart disease, and Electrophysiology.
Physicians who specialize in Cardiology are called Cardiologists, a specialty of internal medicine. Pediatricians who specialize in Cardiology are called Pediatric cardiologists. And Physicians who specialize in cardiac surgery are called Cardiothoracic surgeons or Cardiac surgeons, a specialty of general surgery.
Cardiologists doctors specialize in diagnosing and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels—the cardiovascular system.
When dealing with a complex health condition like heart disease, it is important to find the right specialist. A heart or vascular disease diagnosis often begins with a primary care doctor, who then refers to a cardiologist. The Cardiologist evaluates the symptoms and medical history and recommends tests for a more definite diagnosis. Then, a cardiology doctor decides if one’sone’s condition can be managed under his or her care using medicines or other available treatments. If the Cardiologist decides that the patient needs surgery, the patient is referred to a cardiovascular surgeon specializing in operations on the heart, lungs, and blood vessels.
All Cardiologist study the disorders of the heart, but there are differences. For example, a study of adult and child heart disorders is through different training pathways. Therefore, adult Cardiologist Doctors are inadequately trained to treat children and vice versa.
Requirements to Become a Cardiologist, Doctors
- A Bachelor degree with MBBS after 10+2
- PG in Doctor of Medicine (MD) in general medicine.
- Super Speciality course of 3 year DM in Cardiology.
MBBS (51/2 years) + MD (3 years) + DM in Cardiology (3 years) = 111/2 years = Cardiologist
Cardiologist Doctors Personal skills :
- Focused and attentive to details.
- Excellent communication skills, problem-solving skills.
- Experience, ability, knowledge, and expertise.
- Emotional Resilience.
Also Read: Job For Genera Surgeon
Top colleges in India offering courses in cardiology are mentioned below:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)
- Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, Pondicherry
- Dayanand Medical College and Hospital( DMCH), Punjab
- Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre
- Christian Medical College, Vellore (CMC Vellore)
- Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER)
- Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu
Cardiologist Doctors Job and scope :
With the rising number of heart patients, the need for Cardiologist Doctors is increasing parallelly. Heart healthcare specialists are needed in Government and Private Hospitals. Several super-specialty heart care centers have opened, which has broadened the scope for Cardiologist Doctors. The job growth increases due to the growing population and increased demand for healthcare services.
The outlook of this field is quite good because it is a job within the healthcare industry. And it is also one of the highest paying careers in the medical domain.
Job Description :
Cardiologists have certain duties and responsibilities. They are as mentioned below :
- Examine patients and assess their condition
- Explain the risks of prohibited activities to patients
- Give health advice to patients
- Write proper prescriptions to treat chronic cardiovascular diseases
- Diagnose and evaluate patients with heart-related conditions
- Perform surgical procedures on patients with heart-related conditions
- Measure and track the improvement of patients’patients’ health
- Oversee and educate student residents
- Command laboratory research
- Ensure adherence to relevant laws and regulations
Types of Job Profiles :
1) Non-Invasive Cardiologist – A Non-Invasive Cardiologist focuses on a wide range of Cardiology procedures that do not involve surgery. Their work mostly consists of office-based works, namely, performing cardiology consultations and running patient clinics. Their primary responsibility is to support the patients in preventing, diagnosing, and managing any potential heart problems.
2) Invasive Cardiologist– They are trained to perform Cardiac catheterization and other minor procedures or surgeries, along with all the responsibilities of a non-invasive Cardiologist.
3) Interventional Cardiologist – This is one subtype of Invasive Cardiology. If the problems are far advanced for Non-invasive and Invasive Cardiologists, then the patients are referred to Interventional cardiologists. They are required to perform heart catheterization, stent replacements, plaque removal, valve repairs, balloon angioplasty to open blocked arteries, placing mesh stents into narrowing arteries, and so on. Interventional Cardiologists will have to perform some non-invasive procedures at times. Some get involved in transesophageal and echocardiograms.
4) Cardiac Surgeon – The overarching type of Invasive Cardiology is Cardiac Surgery or Cardiothoracic Surgery. They are required for the major operations of the heart, major blood vessels, veins, and arteries. The most common surgeries performed by them are Cardiac Valve Replacements, Cardiac Bypass Surgery(CABG), Correction of Cardiac congenital malformations, Aneurysmal coiling, and Arterial bypass procedures.
5) Electrophysiologist Cardiologist – Electrophysiology involves studying the heart’s bio-electrical impulses, from which vital information about a person person’s Cardiac health can be obtained. The study helps identify irregular heartbeats (known as Arrhythmias or dysrhythmias) and other problems that can lead to Cardiac arrest. In addition, they perform treatments to remove abnormal electrical pathways, like Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA), Cardiac Pacemakers insertion, and so on.
6) Cardiac Catheterization Technologist – Their job is to perform diagnostic and interventional Cardiac catheterizations and other Cardiac-related procedures. They insert small catheters through a needle into the patient’spatient’s blood vessels and hearts to determine X-rays and other recordings to determine the heart’sheart’s function and structure.
7) Nuclear Cardiologist – The Nuclear Cardiologist conducts tests for specific clinical indications, supervising Cardiac stress tests, and helping patient management.
8) Cardiology Director – Cardiology Director is the head of the Cardiology department and senior post in the respective department. The job is to lead and direct the programs and the Cardiology department’s staff, ensure the smooth functioning of the department to meet the current needs, and address the future needs of patients by introducing new services, procedures, and technologies.
These are the most common Cardiology positions. Apart from them, some hospitals and medical organizations have other specialist Cardiologist Doctors. They are:-
a) Heart Failure Cardiologist – They treat patients with heart failure and ensure overall health management as other organ systems get affected in cardiac failure.
b) Imaging Cardiologist – They work with a wide range of imagery related to the heart. This means reading and interpreting Cardiac Echocardiograms, Cardiac CT scan images, MRI scans and Cardiac Stress Test results.
c) Pediatric Cardiologist – A Pediatric Cardiologist is involved in helping children with heart problems.
d) Transplant Cardiologist – They specialize in patients who need or have had heart transplants. They are usually Cardiac surgeons who have specialization in transplant techniques.
Also Read: Doctor Consultancy In Delhi
Cardiologist Doctors Salary in India :
The Cardiologist salary of Doctors depends on several factors, including experience, subspecialty, location, ability, and the type of hospital one is working for. Salary in a government hospital differs from that of a private one.
Entry-level Cardiology Doctors in India INR 10 LPA
Cardiology Doctors With 5 – 10 Years of Experience INR 16 LPA
Experienced Surgeon INR 28 LPA
Cardiology Doctors With 20 Years of Experience INR 37 LPA
*The above figures are an estimate and may vary from individual to individual and company to company.*
Employment Opportunities For Cardiology Doctors :
Cardiology Doctors can find a variety of job opportunities. It is one of the most employable and respected job profiles. The top sectors and industries that hire Cardiology Doctors are :
- Government Hospitals
- Armed Forces Medical Services
- Private Practice
- Cardiology Clinics
- Private Hospitals
- Specialist Hospitals
Top Recruiters :
- Doctify India
- AIIMS, New Delhi
- Fortis Escorts Heart Institute and Research Center, New Delhi
- Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bangalore
- Asian Heart Institute and Research Center, Mumbai
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Apollo Hospital, Chennai
- M. Birla Heart Research Center, Kolkata
- Kerala Institute of Medical Sciences, Trivandrum, Kerala
Future Prospects :
Cardiology Doctors experience quite a significant job growth. As the individual gains knowledge and experience, he or she steps up the ladder of designation in cardiology. Since the field is vast and it continues to grow as science and technology develop, there are plenty of job growth opportunities. Depending on the individual’sindividual’s talent, he or she can begin practicing on his or her own. They can also start teaching in the Cardiology Department of Colleges and Universities if they wish. In addition, an academic cardiologist can engage with research – prevention, intervention, surgical or medical. Cardiologist employment is booming these days. It is a field that requires a lot of hard work and years of determination, but once a candidate has completed the education, several job opportunities are available.
Currently, the job market scenario for a cardiologist is extremely bright. There are several job openings in both public as well as private sectors. This is mainly because of the advancement in science and technology. Cardiology colleges in India are establishing rapidly. Another reason is the fast-moving life which is causing heart diseases to people at an early age. The job growth for a cardiologist is expected to grow by 6.8 percent by the end of 2026. It is higher than the average of most medical specialization fields.
About Doctify India :
Doctifyindia is a creative consulting agency that deals with all the necessities related to the medical domain. Whether its it’s medical equipment supplies, medical staff hiring, professional doctor hiring, medical tourism facilities, or anything, we hold esteem proud in fulfilling all your demands. In short, we are committed to providing overall healthcare services that eventually help in sculpting a mighty platform for patient care. Also, We are one of the best Doctor Recruiter companies in the country because of our reach. We are committed to providing overall healthcare services; Whether its it’s medical equipment supplies, medical staff hiring, professional doctor hiring, medical tourism facilities, or anything, we hold pride in fulfilling all your demands.
Why choose DoctifyIndia?
DoctifyIndia has placed 4500+ doctors & medical staff and is now dealing with 300+ hospitals and medical institutions. Doctifyindia is the fastest-growing job-providing company in India and holds pride in fulfilling the demands of our customers. We are on top of Doctor Recruiter companies. We have experienced, and we can cater to all the candidates’ needs and employers.
- For Employers :
We know that a company is only as good as the employees that work in the company. This is the reason behind the use of the best trends in the case of sourcing candidates. We assure every employer that the interview process starts well before the employee goes to the employer for an interview. We pay utmost attention to the needs of our clients. We know that an organization does not look for just good employees; rather, they look for employees who will live and follow the organizational culture, values, and promises. We understand and believe that every employer is different, and every employer has different requirements. Therefore, we never adopt a single strategy, but we make new ones. We believe in hard and determined work. For us, Client satisfaction is our utmost priority.
- For Jobseekers :
We believe that our duty isn’tisn’t just to put candidates into jobs but to put people into careers best suited for them. We understand the difference between looking for a job and building a career. And we cater to the people whose needs are the latter. These candidates are well aware of the responsibilities and what they must do to fulfill their purpose. Our company has several job listings available. If a candidate feels that they are the right choice for the job, they can send us their resume, and we gladly look into it, and we then find the perfect option for that particular candidate. We have full faith in our service. It’sIt’s our duty to help talented and skilled candidates to get suitable jobs.
Thank you for showing interest in our company. If you wish to know more or want to reach us, our contact details are mentioned below.
Contact Details :
Mail us for information :
Call for help:
Our head office address:
313 Living Style Mall, Jasola, New Delhi 110025
Also Read: Anesthesiologist Doctor In India